SOLD OUT! Great Basin Natural History Weekend / June 12 to 14 — SIGN UP
June 12 - June 14
Enjoy PLAYA’s traditional Great Basin Natural History Weekend led by renowned ornithologist and PLAYA Board Member Dr. Pepper Trail on June 12-14, 2020. This guided tour of birding, geology, and archeological hotspots in Summer Lake and surroundings goes to special sites as researched by Dr. Trail. All levels of experience are welcome, and diverse physical abilities may be able to be accommodated; if you have questions about whether this weekend is for you, please call the PLAYA office at 541-943-3983 to ask.
Dr. Trail is well known in Oregon birding circles and nationally. He’s been featured in articles in Audubon, National Geographic, and other birding and adventure journals. He’s been called the Sherlock Holmes of bird crime for his work around the world in ornithological investigative forensics. He’s also an accomplished, published poet and popular radio show host.
Price includes a private cabin on the beautiful playa, Friday night dinner served in the PLAYA Commons building, Saturday night potluck shared in the Commons and a full in-cabin kitchen for preparing your own breakfasts and sack lunches.
Prices – Please follow the right price link to check out.
Members,10% off $415, or $373.50, Double occupancy 10% off $575, or $517.50.
Early birds, 5% off $415, or $394.25 – Double occupancy 5% off $575, or $546.25. This price is available to non-members until March 1, 2020.
Full payment of $415 ($575 double occupancy with nonparticipant) March 1 to June 2020.
To cancel, please call 541.943.3983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Cancelling a registration 21+ days prior to workshop = 100% refund less a $35 administrative fee
– Canceling a registration 14-20 days before workshop = 50% refund less a $35 administrative fee
– There is no refund for registration cancellations made less than 14 days before the first day of the workshop.
– Refunds will be issued by check or PayPal.
– PLAYA may cancel a workshop 14 days before the start date if enrollment is too low or if requested by the instructor. We will notify you, and you will receive a 100% refund.