This residency includes a 4 night stay in Diablo cabin, participation in a Dark Sky Guided Viewing session on Friday, Oct. 13 with local experts and Friday evening group meal prepared by PLAYA’s house chef. Saturday morning view the Annular Solar Eclipse from the playa or on the PLAYA patio. On Saturday night, enjoy PLAYA’s Community Dark Sky Star Party and join in the activities and cozy treats while meeting local neighbors and friends.
Arrival begins Thursday, Oct. 12 at 2:00 pm and departure is Monday, Oct. 16 by 12:00 pm.
- Thursday, Oct. 12, 2023: 2:00 arrival begins | Evening on your own
- Friday, Oct. 13, 2023: Daytime on your own | 6:00 pm Group Dinner provided by PLAYA | 7-9 pm Guided Dark Sky Viewing Session with Local experts
- Saturday, Oct. 14, 2023: 8:00 am coffee and tea on PLAYA patio | 9:00 am view Annular Solar Eclipse from the playa or on the PLAYA patio | 7-9 pm Community Dark Sky Star Party
- Sunday, Oct. 15, 2023: Day on your own
- Monday, Oct. 16, 2023: Depart by noon
Choose “single” for single cabin occupancy and meal and group activity participation for one.
Choose “double” for double cabin occupancy and meal and group activity participation for two.
This self-directed residency is for ADULTS ONLY. Out of town families wishing to participate in the Community Dark Sky Star Party on Oct. 14 can find lodging accommodations at the Summer Lake Hot Springs or the Paisley Sage Rooms.
This live/work townhouse cabin has a loft bedroom with full-size bed upstairs and a full size futon downstairs. This cabin is one of the two townhouses closest to the Commons with views of the pond and the playa beyond. It comes with a kitchenette which includes a counter top hotplate and convection oven, a dorm-sized refrigerator, a private bathroom with shower, a small living & dining area that opens up to an attached work studio.
There is no application to participate in a self-directed residency and we welcome anyone craving time and space to focus on a creative or scientific project. There is is limited cell service at PLAYA and no internet or tv in the cabins to help provide an environment of focused support. There is internet and a landline in a common work space.
Orientation on Friday at 10:00 to meet the other residents and learn important campus information.
Sorry, no pets allowed.