Campus Rental Information
PLAYA is prioritizing 2023 mission-aligned rentals by groups, organizations, or individuals working in the arts or sciences or in adjacent fields such as journalism, the humanities, environmental policy and advocacy, academics or art and science education. Renters can use the campus for their own mission-aligned revenue earning event (such as a workshop, conference, fundraiser, etc.) but must clearly communicate details of this service with PLAYA prior to signing the contract.
Playa Affiliate Rental Rate sheet
Our published fees are for mission-aligned rentals only. We are not currently accepting non-mission-aligned rentals such as family reunions, weddings, corporate retreats, etc., at this time. Fill out the interest form below by to be considered for the 2023 calendar.
CLICK HERE for rental contact information.
Rates and amenities:
Minimum 3 night rental at $1,800 per night for the entire campus, which includes full access to:
- 8 cabins (two 2-bedrooms, two one-bedrooms with fold-out futons in the living room, two studio cabins with queen beds, and two loft style townhomes with full beds upstairs and daybeds in the living room). Photos of cabins and studios
- 5 art studios- one with printing presses
- Access to the Commons, with a communal dining room for up to 18 individuals, a commercial kitchen, and a gas grill. The Commons also has three bathrooms, a loft space for gathering or sleeping, and one shower. WiFi is available in the Commons only (all cabins have no internet).
- Maximum capacity (assuming shared beds) is 18 guests. Additional guests can be negotiated but may incur an additional fee and must bring their own bedding and/or sleeping bags.
- Full access to PLAYA’s 75-acre campus with walking trails and a pond. Use of the fire pit is not permitted without permission of staff due to fire hazard.
- PLAYA’s Hospitality staff can prepare up to one meal per day for renters for an additional fee per person per meal, pending staff availability. Limits on the number of individuals served apply due to staff capacity. Reservation and confirmation of guests and food restrictions for meals are required a minimum of three weeks prior to check in. PLAYA can also provide information regarding other meal providers in the area.
- Check in begins at 2 pm on the first day of the rental and check out is by 5pm on the departure date.
Renters are responsible for bringing all provisions they require with them except those contracted to be provided by PLAYA’s Hospitality staff. The closest full-service grocery and liquor stores are in Lakeview, OR, and La Pine, OR, both at least an hour drive by car. Limited services, including gasoline and convenience store, are available in Summer Lake (12 miles north) Christmas Valley (30 miles north) and Paisley (17 miles south).
We prioritize full-campus rentals, but are open to considering partial campus rentals as well, at a reduced rate. If this is your interest, please clarify in your request how many cabins you need and what, if any, other amenities you will require access to.
2023 BLACKOUT DATES:
Jan. 5-30, 2023
Feb. 2-13, 2023
Feb. 16-27, 2023
Mar. 2-6, 2023
April 19-22, 2023
July 6-17, 2022
July 20-Aug. 14, 2023
Aug. 17-29, 2023
Aug. 31- Sept. 11, 2023
Dec. 7-18, 2023
CLICK HERE to submit an interest form.