For the calendar year 2018, PLAYA has been awarded a generous grant by the Ford Family Foundation to support the work of Oregon mid-career visual artists. Any Oregon visual artists who meet the requirements of the grant can apply for an artist’s stipend to cover the costs of materials and travel related to a residency at PLAYA.
To qualify for an artist stipend an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a practicing visual artist currently producing works of art
- Be a full-time resident of Oregon for at least 36 months prior to the application deadline
- Be 30 years of age or older at the time of application
- Provide evidence, through appropriate documentation, seven (7) or more years of active professional participation in your medium
- Not enrolled in a degree-seeking program, either part-time or full-time at the time of the application or during the successive grant period.
If an artist meets these criteria, they can apply for the Ford Family Foundation stipend by checking the appropriate box on their PLAYA application. If accepted for a residency at PLAYA, they will be sent the appropriate forms to fill out.