Sorry – no positions open at this time!
Are you interested in helping creative people – artists and scientists – focus on their work? Do you love wild and wide-open spaces? Have a sense of adventure? Are you a self-starter as well as a collaborator? Yes? Then you may be just the team member PLAYA is looking for.
PLAYA is an artists’ and scientists’ residency program in Summer Lake, Oregon. Located in Oregon’s vast Outback, the 55-acre PLAYA campus offers creative individuals the space, solitude and a nurturing community to best reflect on and engage in their work in an unsurpassed natural setting.
PLAYA is recruiting for several upcoming staff vacancies as long-time team members move on. This rolling application process will remain open until all positions are filled.
Successful candidates will:
- Understand the importance of the residency experience to artists and scientists
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Be a quick study, a problem solver, a “get ’er done-er”, and a big-picture thinker
- Have a demonstrated understanding of the workings of nonprofits
- Enjoy engaging with PLAYA’s hosts, Lake County and the community of Paisley
- Enjoy living in a sparsely populated, remote location
On-campus housing or a housing stipend may be provided depending on the position. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. These positions are open to individuals as well as to pairs who, in combination, demonstrate the skills described. Families and recent college graduates will be considered. The PLAYA campus is located on the Paisley, Oregon school bus route.
Playa is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.