Options for Creative Access Residents
We offer our Wildcat condo and studio to our Creative Access residents. Below are measurements and pictures to help you understand the space.
- Front Door: 32” wide
- Main Room: 14′ x 7′ 6”
- Bathroom door: 35”
- Bathroom Sink: 33”
- Height of Commode: 19”
- ADA Shower: 34” deep, 60” wide
- Kitchen Counter Height: 36”
- Passageway from the Living Room to the Kitchen: 42”
- Kitchen Counter: 36”
- Depth of Kitchen Counter 27”
- Bed Without Frame: 18”
- Width of Bed: 37”
- Length of Bed: 74”
- Passage to Studio: 31”
- Counter Height: 36”
- Work Table: 29” (Other work tables available)
– Please be advised that there are not pathways around the grounds designed for wheelchair access. There are two locations on the campus accessible to Creative Access residents the commons and the wildcat cabin/studio.
– Please note the nearest hospital is 2 hours away. We are in a remote, rural location and do not have medical professionals in the area or on staff. Please consider if this location is appropriate for your level of health.
We want to emphasize that we are in a remote, rural environment. The nearest (full service) medical services are in 2 hours away. We have a small staff managing all aspects of this residency. There are no medics on staff. We want to be clear that the grounds are not paved, access to the pond or Playa will require going over grass and uneven terrain. There are two places Creative Access Residents can access via sidewalks, the cabin/studio, and the Commons building.
Please note that more pictures and videos of what PLAYA offers will be available. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with any questions or requests to Chelsea at Chelsea@playasummerlake.org or you may call 541.943.3983. Thank you for investigating if we are a good fit for your comfort and residency wishes. We are happy to put you in touch with former Creative Access residents to get more information.
Gail Foster is one of our Creative Access Alumnae. She shares her story in this video.